Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I hate spiders

I hate spiders.  This is no secret to anyone who has known me more than a week.  Therefore I find it important to point out that the spiders here are terrifying... and in my room.  My first week here I found a tarantula the size of my hand on my dresser... 4 inches from my hand as I was applying sunscreen.  After screaming a few choice expletives, I alerted my mother to this fact.  She promptly laughed at me and told her husband, who also laughed at me.  He then proceeded to grab his machete and impale the tarantula.  Being male, he then found it necessary to chase me around the house with the corpse of the giant spider on the tip of the machete.  Last night I found a different spider, the size of my palm on my wall.  I did not scream.  Instead I grabbed my 98% DEET bug spray, sprayed twice, and watched the spider ¨sprint¨ out the window.  It is probably dead, or at least partially melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment